Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lemongrass Chicken with Potatoes

I like the smell and taste of lemongrass, I like it both in food and in drinks.
Recently I was introduced to a drink made from Lemongrass, it's a real thirst-quencher. I had it in Bumbu Bali, a Bali-themed restaurant in Puchong.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me the recipe of this lemongrass thirst-quencher. :)

Here's a recipe of Lemongrass Chicken that I cooked for today's dinner:

Ingredients A:
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of curry powder
4 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of sea salt
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 stalks of lemongrass, tender white part only, near the root
3 dashes of pepper
2 stalks of spring onion, cut into 2 inch length

Other ingredients:
400 gm of chicken, I used 3 chicken drumsticks, hacked into half
2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 cup water
Main ingredients: Chicken and Lemongrass. Marinated chicken meat.

Methods:
Use only the tender part of the lemongrass , bruise with cleaver back and then chopped finely.
Marinate the chicken with ingredients A, refrigerate for 1.5 hour.

Optional:
I like potatoes and I thought it will goes well with this dish, so I added them in. It turned out delicious. Peeled 3 medium size potatoes and cut them into cubes. Deep-fry them until cooked.
Potatoes- Peeled, cubed and deep fried.

Heat oil in wok. Add in marinated chicken and stir-fry for 5 minute. (Add in potatoes, stir-fry for another 2 minute)
Add in water, bring to boil, stir-fry for another 15 minute until the meat is cooked and the gravy thicken. Garnish with lemongrass. Serve!

3 comments:

dw said...

hey alvin...have u tried baked potatoes? i forgot the full name for it but it was baked potatoes but with marinated chickens, turkey or corn beef which ever you like :) taste good!!!!

Al said...

Dw... same as those in Kenny Roger's?
:)

dw said...

no no...i think it's much more tasty to those in kenny rogers :)

Amazon