Sunday, May 23, 2010

Horse Gram Fritter with Red Onion and Cilantro

I have some soaked, then boiled and drained
Horse Gram left over from my attempt to whip up some delicious Hummus- about I.5 cup of it. Not wanting to throw them away, I used them to make some Fritter.






Here's my version of the Horse Gram Fritter with the ingredients that I can find in my kitchen:
1.5 cup horse Gram bean, soaked and boiled to soften it.
1 big red Onion, chopped coarsely.
1 potatoes, chopped finely.
2 stalks Cilantro. Chopped coarsely.
1 tsp of ground Cumin Seed
1tsp of Salt
Dash of Pepper
1 tbsp of Plain Yogurt

Blend the Horse Gram bean into a paste/ batter. Add some water if it is too dry.
Mix all the other ingredients into the batter, evenly.
I tried to deep fried 1 tablespoon of the batter to see how it turns out. The batter won't hold and just fall apart.

To fix the batter, I added half a cup of shifted Wheat Flour and 2 egg white.
Now I think the batter will hold.

Note the actual recipe has more ingredients such as Baby Spinach, chopped chillies and chaat masala powder. I just used what I have in my kitchen and cross my fingers and hope for the best.
I served it with some sweet chillies sauce and cold yogurt sauce.
The cold yogurt sauce will tame the Oily-ness a bit, IMHO.

Yogurt sauce:
Mix Yogurt with come chopped cilantro and some lemon zest. Put inside the fridge to cool it.

1 comment:

Jynx said...

Nice stuff! I'm enjoying reading your blog here!

Amazon