Thursday, November 15, 2007

Strir-Fried Broccoli with Chinese Mushroom

Here's a recipe which is really simple to cook.

1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup chicken stock*
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
6 chinese mushroom, soaked and stem removed
Enoki mushroom, cleaned, root removed. (Kam Cham Ku)
1 teaspoons cornstarch
Pre-fried beancurb skin roll, fu chuk (Optional, I put this in because I like fu chuk, however, this is optional)

*I dissolved 1 Knorr Chicken stock Cube with 1/2 cup of hot water to make the chicken stock.

Soak Chinese mushroom with water for about 40 minute. Now the mushroom should be soft enough for you to remove the stems.

The ingredients: Soaked Chinese Mushroom, Broccoli, Knorr Chicken Stock Cube and Enoki Mushroom.
Optional : Fried Fu Chuk.


To make the mushroom more eye-pleasing, cut the mushroom like this. :)

Heat the wok, add 2 tablespoon of oil. Add garlic in, fry until garlic fragrant or started to brown.
Add in broccoli, stir-fry for 2 minute. Add in Enoki mushroom and Chinese mushroom. Stir-fry for another 2 minute. Add in Chicken broth . Add the bean curb skin (fu chuk).Bring to boil.
To thicken the sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1/3 cup of cold water. Add this mixture into wok, stir constantly and the sauce will thicken. Serve!

7 comments:

dw said...

i just love food blogs and travel blogs!!! they're my favourites :D ur photos looks good alvin! thanx for dropping by^^

Al said...

You are welcome! I love great Travel photos as well. :)

dw said...

i like fu chuk too man haha...you really do know how to cook for a guy ^^ gtg now...just woke up and i need food!

Al said...

haha.. yeah.. a lot of my friends were surprise to find out that I can cook..hahha..They said I didn't look the part. :)

InspiredMumof2 said...

Yummy, mushrooms are one of my favorites. Its natural flavor makes cooking a breeze ;-)

Al said...

I love mushroom soup. My grandma used to cook them. :)

Plain Jane said...

This dish looks yummy! Thanks for visiting my webpage. :)

Amazon